Chalk board

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Cake Part 1

I am about to undertake a task I am not sure I can complete to my satisfaction. I am about to make a 3 dimensional cake for my son's 8th birthday. I have done 3-d cakes before, but this is big...I am making an In-N-Out drive thru! We have purchased a scale model Corvette to park out front.
I am planing this-
Make 3-5 1/2 sheet cakes, and then cut out pieces and layer.
Do a crumb coat and freeze.
I will do the frosting on Friday, and the decorative stuff on Saturday morning.
How did I let him talk me into this anyhow? I know it was months ago before I was pregnant. I must have been feeling particularly creative and invincible that day...Not the tired,can hardly get dinner on the table self I am at the moment. Oh, the stuff you will do because you love your kids!! :)

I'll post photos when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. wow -- you are quite a mom to even attempt this request! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment on my blog. It was very encouraging, and I will be praying for you too! I hope the cake turned out great! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Willamette Valley, Oregon, United States